Sunday, February 26, 2012

Gathering


Hey Everybody! 
Yes, the above picture is me. I'd been looking around the things I had in my room, and I rediscovered an old watch that I had randomly found and kept. Now, one of the core parts of steampunk is gears, and clocks are infamous for having their guts made out of just that sort of thing. So- naturally, I took it apart. To my great surprise (and pleasure) I found that the outside of the clock looked nearly perfect for part of a pair of goggles! I just need to find another watch (of similar size) and I'll have the eye-pieces for my goggles! It's a happy thought.


 
  

Pictured  below are the components of about 2 1/2 watches. I'm not sure how I'm going to incorporate them into my outfits yet, but I'm sure something will come up.


   

I also gathered up some other things that I thought I could use, including my clock pendant, the leather bracelet my little sister Hannah gave me this christmass, and the little vile of glass my older sister Sarah gave to me for my birthday, all of which are pictured below.

 

~*~

 

My oma (that's german for grandmother) and my mum also gave me some patterns for skirts and dresses, which I'm not so sure I'm going to use, but are nice to have around. The pattern on the left (8305) seems to hold the most potential.

~*~

Anyway. On 2/23 I went down to Sew Green, because they were having a $10 stuff-a-bag sale. Because the sale started on Monday, and I went on Thursday, the bags were down to $7. I went through and picked up a lot of fabrics, most of which were shiny and soft (liners my oma called them [with slight disgust]). I did find some really cool scale-ish pattered cloth, though I'm not sure what I will and won't end up using. But, even if I don't end up using any of the fabric, it's still good to have around (just in case), and I can always use it later/give it away. 


As you can see (above) I got a lot of cloth for just $7. 

~*~











 
The above pics are of the vests I got at salvation army- one is leather (needs to be cleaned) and one is wool (needs to be taken apart and fitted for me)
I'm rather annoyed at blogger right now- so I'll come back to this later. 'Till then, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment